Thursday, March 7, 2019

Peer Review

Today in class, we were having a peer review day. I was excited to hear what other people in my class thought of our ideas, but I was a little worried because we could not work on finishing our storyboard and that we would fall behind schedule. I was also very nervous my classmates would find flaws that would highly set us back and make us reevaluate our plot. Callie, Lauren, and I were divided into different groups so we could all share our plots with our classmates. I was with 3 other classmates. It was very interesting to hear all of their film opening ideas, and I felt relieved after they all said that they really liked our film opening idea. It was also very helpful to hear their feedback on how we should improve our plot.

One of my classmates shared that they think it would be beneficial to have many short, rapid scenes in the first part to convey the essence of the character. I completely agree with this piece of feedback and think it will be good to incorporate into the scene. Another idea I got from another classmate in the group was to really emphasize a deteriorating mental state of the character in the first part, to show that she has an evil, psychotic side to her. He also suggested adding subtle clues to her craziness within the second part, such as having a picture of the boy hanging up in her room. The last member in our peer review group considered our current storyboard and thought that we should maybe switch the order of the parts of the scene, and show the body being buried (box 4 of the storyboard) before the girl is frantically running through the woods (box 3 of the storyboard) to add suspense to the situation.

Lastly, once we all shared the plots of our films and gave feedback, we looked at each other's blog posts and made sure that everything was organized, user-friendly, and easy to follow. Although we weren't able to stay on schedule and finish the storyboard in class, this activity was very helpful and we received great feedback that can help us with our film opening.

No comments:

Post a Comment