Friday, March 15, 2019

Filming day 1





Hi, blog! Yesterday was a very big day for our project. Right after school, Callie picked up equipment from BECON TV to rent for the duration of filming. We have rented out equipment from them before and it made our films look very professional. Callie picked up a lighting set for the forest scene and a professional video camera. The last time we rented equipment they sent us a different video camera, so we are going to have to play around with this one to figure out how to use it. Later that night, Sebastian texted us saying that he was available to film, so we immediately began to gather materials. We already had most of the materials for day 1 of filming at home, the only thing left that we needed to acquire was a plain white dress. The main issue was that we were going to get the dress very dirty and cut it up in some parts to look distressed, so we needed to find an inexpensive white dress. I thought the best solution was to go to our local craft store and buy an extra large white T-shirt, as opposed to a real dress. Since Lauren is short, the XL T-shirt will have the same effect as a white dress. With her makeup and the XL T-shirt, she really captured the effect we were going for of a deranged teenage psycho killer.

It was great that we were able to stay exactly on time with our schedule; however, my fever had not yet gone away. I had hoped that I would be able to attend all 3 days of filming, but I knew it would be more beneficial for the whole group to start filming rather than postponing to a later date. I was having a lot of FOMO (fear of missing out) and I was texting Lauren and Callie throughout the entire filming process, so I was still able to share some of my opinions. Today I was finally starting to feel a little bit better, so I met up with my group after school and they shared the footage with me. We were all very nervous that the shots filmed in the forest at night would be too dark, but with the lighting that we rented, there was still the dimness that we were hoping to achieve, but enough light to see Lauren burying the body. There was a large variety of angles that showed diversity among the clips. We organized all of the clips on Callie's computer so that when it comes time to edit, we will be able to find the clips more easily. We are aiming to film more this weekend, and since I am feeling a little bit better, I am hoping I will be able to come to assist Callie with the filming.  Meanwhile, I am so happy with the way the first day of filming turned out! Lauren and Callie made a vlog for the first day of filming, so I was still able to have a recap of the first day of filming.

No comments:

Post a Comment